Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Welcome to the English 9 Holocaust Web Quest!

This quarter, you will read a novel set during World War II and the Holocaust. You will read about the Nazi Party, lead by Adolf Hitler. You will learn about hatred and discrimination. You will become aware of the pain brought upon millions of innocent people.

In order to understand the concepts presented in your text and to appreciate fully the seriousness of World War II and the Holocaust, you will work in small groups to complete a web quest. Most of you have conducted web quests before, so you are likely familiar with the format. Just in case you need a refresher, read the following explanation.

A web quest is a quest (or a journey) to discovering appropriate and correct information about a particular topic. You conduct your quest on the web. I know your teachers often frown upon using the internet for research, but, in this case, I will select websites I find to be reputable. This way, you can access the abundant available online information and learn what good information looks like.

To get started, follow the link for your class, step one, to the right.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah,
    I, too, am teaching a Holocaust Unit beginning next Monday, March 8. I was hoping that, with your permission, I could use your Webquest for my students (I would give source documentation for your ast the bottom of mine). If you provide your permission, I will most likely tweak it a bit to match our curriculum, but I love the way you have set this up for the students. I have used a pre-existing Webquest in the past and it was less than stellar. Yours has clear ideas and directives and I love the sites you chose for the students to access. It is a job well done!
    Kim Guthrie

    ReplyDelete